If you were given five million dollars to open a small museum, what kind of museum would you create?
A question that I stumbled across while playing from the website Conversation Starters World.
This specific question got me thinking hard, and interestingly got me super excited to run my imagination wild.
Here’s what my small museum would have:
- First room, where children will be allowed to build, create, play dress up, be themselves; no judgements attached. There would be videos running in loop, of how childhood was spent in earlier years, so they could get a perspective on how things happened ‘back then.’
- Second room, where teenagers and senior citizens get the chance to interact with each other. The amount of wisdom both can share and exchange, is a valuable experience. Having been surrounded by my grand parents almost all my life, I can only speak about the wonderful experience I’ve had. Also, it wouldn’t harm youngsters to interact and get the chance to understand how it is for older people to live. It teaches you compassion, and grounded. Or at least that would be the aim of this room.
- Third room, where young kids, especially girls, get to work out in fun and creative ways. Maybe include a section where they are taught to lift bit of weights. I want to use this room to change the narrative that “you need to exercise if you want to lose weight, look attractive growing up, become a size zero, etc. etc.” I want this room to make children feel happy, feel powerful within and confident in their bodies, period. And normalize that staying active is liberating and not just to achieve specific goals.
- Fourth room, will have a mini gym as well, but for senior citizens. I have seen firsthand how when age catches up, the muscles and confidence deteriorates. And I dream of every elderly person to be able to retain as much muscle as independence as possible.
- The last room, will have a dance floor, Bollywood music, myself dancing in the middle of the floor with my friends, and the room will be open to whomever that wants to join and shake a leg, because why not.
There, done. Anyone wants to fund? ;)
And what museum would you create? Comment below! :)